cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuras2022
Frequent Visitor

Two-level drop-down menu for app navigation.

Hello!

Please, help me with the writing correct formulas for my case.

I create a new component to make a drop-down menu for site navigation.

The buttons are collected into two vertical containers: the first container is the main menu and the second container is the child menu.

Yuras2022_0-1659291632581.png

Requirements:

1. Child menu of the "Fact" button should appear when I click on the "Fact" button.

2. Child menu of the "Fact" button should hide when I click on the "Plan" button.

3. Child menu of the "Plan" button should appear when I click on the "Plan" button.

These formulas are incorrect:

Variant 1.

Yuras2022_1-1659292494602.png

Here, nothing happens when I click on the "Fact" button.

Variant 2.

Yuras2022_2-1659292866098.png

Here, the child menu is appear when I click on the "Fact" button, but it dissapear when I stop holding the button.

What are the correct formulas for my case?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You could do this with two vertical galleries, passing in tables as the data sources.

Table 1 would hold your items, table 2 would hold the child items and the item(s) they belong to.

You could then use the OnSelect from the first gallery to filter the second gallery.

Kristine Kolodziejski wrote a great blog about building menus using galleries with tables as a datasource. I recommend checking it out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You could do this with two vertical galleries, passing in tables as the data sources.

Table 1 would hold your items, table 2 would hold the child items and the item(s) they belong to.

You could then use the OnSelect from the first gallery to filter the second gallery.

Kristine Kolodziejski wrote a great blog about building menus using galleries with tables as a datasource. I recommend checking it out.

Hello!

Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,105)