cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDucolonSBUX
Advocate I
Advocate I

UI Test Automation and XPath

I have a canvas app and my QA team is trying to write UI tests to automate the app user scenarios.  My first page is a list page with 2 galleries.  This was controlled by a toggle button.  But now I need to offer two filters on one of the galleries.  So I added a combobox to show 3 options.  And if one option is chosen then one list shows up.  Otherwise if option 2 or 3 are chosen the first list will appear with a filter of one or another set of data to keep users from hitting the 2000 limit.

When I changed the UI from a toggle to a combobox my UI tester informs me that on the next page the xpaths are now changed and in one case showing up 30 times instead of just once.  Is there a way to control this or at least debug this. 

The monitor before was only showing 4 actions when I clicked the button to get to the second page and to select the item in question. 

DDucolonSBUX_1-1631054268851.png

However after adding the comboBox I get this in the monitor for the same two clicks.  Not sure how to stop lookups and refreshes to happen when I am not even on that page.  Any help is appreciated.

DDucolonSBUX_2-1631054399236.png

2 REPLIES 2
zmorek
Super User
Super User

However after adding the comboBox I get this in the monitor for the same two clicks.  Not sure how to stop lookups and refreshes to happen when I am not even on that page.  Any help is appreciated.

I don't have a direct answer for the rest of the questions, but if I'm interpreting this correctly, there's controls loading on another screen (or even the same screen, just hidden) and you don't want them to?

In the settings of the app, try going to Upcoming Features > Experimental > turn on "Enhanced performance for hidden controls"

zmorek_0-1631054701904.png

Sorry if I misunderstood, just wanted to try and jump in.

Thanks but I already have that feature turned on.  So instead I will try turning off the "keep recent screens visited in memory" in case they are refreshing data in the background.

Still looking to know any way to control or predict the xpath of the resulting canvas UI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,711)