According to this blog post, "Universal links" in the format of `https://web.powerapps.com/apps/<appID>` should open in the browser if opened on a laptop and should open in the PowerApps mobile app if opened on an iDevice.
This is not the case.
If I open a link in this format on my iPhone, it opens in the browser with a message:
The message makes it sound like I don't have PowerApps installed on my device (which I do). Then user has to click the link within that message to open the app.
Is there a true universal link that will directly open in the mobile app?
this format works for me in a mobile notification on iOS. The problem now is that it only works first time your app in close state (power app container only). If you keep your app opened, the next parameter seems won't get updated.
Updating this 3 years after the original post! Looks like PowerApps has been updated with a new scheme for "Universal Links".
- If you send an email/notif/etc. with a hyperlink such as: "https://web.powerapps.com/apps/<appID>" to a user:
- User clicks the link, then will have to authenticate using the Browser (type in their Windows UN and PW)
- IF the user has the PowerApps container app installed on their mobile device, they will be presented with a modal (popup) stating: "Open this link in external app?"
- User clicks "Ok", the app will open in the container app
- There is also a "non-Universal Link" syntax that you, the maker, can craft to open a PowerApp in the native container app.
- It looks like: "ms-apps:////providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/<appID>"
- This saves the authenticate-through-browser step, but the User must have the PowerApps container app installed on the mobile device.
- This also negates desktop/laptop users, but still has its place.
Just a head up, I had luck in getting a "ms-apps:///providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/" link to work with Power Apps app installed on my work laptop.
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.
Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!