Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

UPDATE SELECTED ITEMS IN A POWERAPPS GALLERY

Hey community,

I have an app that I need to update the field status of the selected item through a PowerApps gallery, and I don't know how to do that, follow the screenshots:

Here I have some items selected and others not, but I want only the selected items to be updated, could someone help me?

flowbutton.png

Here my flow:

flow.png

I also posted on the stream community: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/UPDATE-SELECTED-ITEMS-IN-A-POWERAPPS-GALL...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Gorilla_8 

What is the Text property for the Label that initially shows "xx" and then shows "encerrado"??

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

@Gorilla_8 

Oooooh....I've been BURNED by the new ThisRecord operator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very good to know, and I am glad we stuck through this because we've been using the same formulas in several apps and apparently ThisRecord (just released a short while ago) has some problem.

The test that I did:

1) I set up an exact scenario to yours - SharePoint list called Gestor and Choice column etc...4 sample records.

2) Quick app with Gallery, Checkbox, label for Status and ID

3) Button with the exact formula we have been working with (small changes for commas over semicolons).

Ran test, selected 2 and it did exactly what you were seeing to all 4 records.

Picked myself up off the floor.

I put another function in the loop to collect all of the ThisRecord.ID values.  After the test of checking 2 records - the COLLECTION had 2 values in it that were exactly correct.  YET, the list updated all 4 Items.  What??

I ran a monitoring session on it and saw that yes indeed, it generated an update for all items in the list regardless of the filter. Yet only two items in the collection.

I will need to sum this up and report it back to the team in another forum post.  This should not be this way (unless I am missing something completely bizarre) 

ANYWAY, in the meantime, let's fall back to the old way of doing this before ThisRecord.   Change your formula to this now:

ForAll(
   AddColumns(
        Filter(Gallery1.AllItems; Checkbox_encerramento.Value);
        "inID", ID
   );

UpdateIf(Gestor; ID=inID; 
       {Status_de_preenchimento: {Value: "Encerrado";
        '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference"}
       })
)

I hope this one hits the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Gorilla_8 

I'm not entirely sure how you are expecting to connect this to Flow, but in general what you want to do is to use a ForAll and Filter the Gallery rows by the checkbox status.

Example:

ForAll(
    Filter(myGallery.AllItems, CheckBox1.Value),
    Do my actions here
)

I hope this is helpful for you.

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@RandyHayes 

The user selects the item and through the flow he takes the item ID and updates the status.
Understood?

@Gorilla_8 

Yes, so again, you will need to use the stated formula with the ForAll and then apply your flow logic in the place indicated.

Your Flow seems to indicate it works only on one item at a time, so you should be able to just put that ForAll in and put your Flow logic in as well.

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, but again he doesn't connect the item ID to the flow, so I asked for help in the community.

I understood your formula, thank you for the help.

@Gorilla_8 

So you have two separate issues?  One was the using only rows checked and the other is with your Flow?

If you're expecting Flow to be able to get your Gallery selected items, it will only come if you have a field in your data and you write that checkbox value into it.

I can say, in regard to your Flow, the first thing you are doing is just getting a list of Items.  If you are going to call flow on each row that is checked, then you need to pass the ID to the Flow and have Flow "Get Item".

If you continue with "Get Items" then again, you will need to write the checkbox value to your data and then check the condition in Flow.

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@RandyHayes 

Yes, I agree, but I just need to know how I pass the ID in my flow.

See my post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/UPDATE-SELECTED-ITEMS-IN-A-POWERAPPS-GALL...

@Gorilla_8 

So you need to use the "Ask in PowerApps" option for the ID in your Flow.  Then it will become a parameter on your Flow and in PowerApps you will be able to provide the ID to your Flow.

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@RandyHayes 

I've already done this, but I want to know how to pass the ID of the selected items in the flow.

See the screenshots here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/UPDATE-SELECTED-ITEMS-IN-A-POWERAPPS-GALL...

@Gorilla_8 

I am not sure I am following you.

My understanding is that you have (in PowerApps) a Gallery of records.  You have Checkboxes on each record (which do not appear to be tied to an underlying data column) that you use for allowing users to select which items to "processes".

You are expecting that users will check the appropriate boxes and click on some sort of submit button to then process ONLY the checked items in Flow.

If that all is accurate, then you have to pass the information to Flow. Flow cannot "See" your PowerApp to know what checkboxes are checked.  You will either need to perform a ForAll on the filtered items of the Gallery (as I showed the formula before) and in the ForAll, call your Flow and pass the ID of that record to Flow so it knows what ID to process.  Or, you will need to "package" a list of ID's to pass to Flow in one step (i.e. not in a ForAll) and then Flow will need to parse out the ID's and act on each record.

As I see your flow now, you are firstly getting all the list items...and then what?  And why get all the items?  You only want to deal with the ones that need to be processed.

Please clarify any of the above that may be inaccurate. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,504)