cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

UPDATED: Link item in concat string on detail screen to clicked item's detail screen using different SPO Datasource by modifying "With" function used to concat string from SPO Lookup column.

Project:
Basic Conference Agenda PowerApp

Datasources:
Multiple Sharepoint Lists 
List 1: "Sessions" List for the event data (title, date/time, description, & Lookup column pulling list of presenters for that session from the Sessions List)  (*See attached PDF Pg 1)
List 2: "Presenters" List for Presenters Data

Details:
List 1 (Sessions) has SP Lookup column pulling in multiple-select List-2 (Presenter) records. It currently displays text data fine, but want user to be able to click on an individual presenter's name while on the Sessions detail screen and have it take them to that presenter's detail page. (Think of the behavior of going to a WP Blog Site where on the post, there is a clickable link going to the 'author page' so you can see all of their articles.)

Add'l Specifics:
  • For the moment, I'm only trying to solve this for the "Sessions Detail" screen (assuming staying focused there will provide a scalable fix to other screens/views)(*See attached PDF Pg 3)
  • I have changed the DataCardValue items property to not use Choices function and converted to using With function (thinking it may give me a way to somehow wrap a Navigate function around the names in the concatenated string with a little more control). Both of these functions work, with identical output, but thought using With will better prepare it for manipulation needed to add navigation options. Both items property function values are below for reference. (*See attached PDF Pg 5)

My actual "help me!" request is this:

Can anyone assist with how/where to modify the function below to 'wrap' each of the names output in the string with a clickable way to take the user from the Session Detail page to the respective person-clicked's Presenter Detail page?

With(
    {
        presentersString: Concat(
            SessionsBrowseGallery.Selected.PresentersLookup.Value,
            Value,
            ", "
        )
    },
    With(
        {
            presentersFormatted: Mid(
                presentersString,
                Len(presentersString)
            )
        },
        Split(
            presentersFormatted,
            ","
        )
    )
)

UPDATED:

Think we are close! THANK YOU SO MUCH Shane Young for your suggestion. It didn't break anything, but items still aren't clickable. I DO think we are SO close, though! Any other suggestions or tweaks are welcomed and appreciated!

Shane's suggestion:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 2.14.51 PM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,883)