cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[URGENT] Can people that have power apps plan for office 365 use the apps that were developed using power apps premium connectors?

Hello

Before I gave a go-ahead to my Boss for purchasing power apps premium license, I want to ask a quick question. 

So the thing is that we have only one developer in our organization of 250-500 people and all of them have power apps plan for office 365. If we purchase one premium license of power apps so our developer would create apps using premium connectors, can that app be shared with all the people that have office 365 plan and no premium power apps plan?

I need an answer on an urgent basis I have to send an email confirming the same to my boss

Stay home, Stay safe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: [URGENT] Can people that have power apps plan for office 365 use the apps that were developed using power apps premium connectors?

Hello @trance_addict14 ,

Any Power App that uses a Premium Connector requires all people using that app to have a Per User Licence.

Is this the question you are asking?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: [URGENT] Can people that have power apps plan for office 365 use the apps that were developed using power apps premium connectors?

Hello @trance_addict14 ,

Any Power App that uses a Premium Connector requires all people using that app to have a Per User Licence.

Is this the question you are asking?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Does that mean the users also need to signup for the power apps plan 2 in order to be able to use apps having premium connections?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@trance_addict14 ,

I would like to give you another answer, but yes, that is correct. Which connector/s are you considering using?

Highlighted

We are planning to use on-premise SQL connector as all of our company's data is in there so we also want to have power apps data in our on-premise SQL database.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @trance_addict14 ,

There are some workarounds for some of the connectors - SQL is a bit more difficult. The only thing I can suggest is use a SharePoint back end with a sync using Flow  - this would require the user account having the appropriate licence to run the Premium SQL connector and one of the Flows would have to be timed (not on when an Item added or changed) to avoid a loop.

Although honestly, it would defeat the purpose of having SQL and all interaction would be with SharePoint.

I also found a reference to another tool here.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @trance_addict14 ,

No, a standalone PowerApps plan license is more required for all the developers and users to run the app with SQL Server connector which was reclassified from Standard to Premium from October 1, 2019.

Current standalone licenses:

• PowerApps per app plan. Allow individual users to run applications for a specific business scenario based on the full capabilities of PowerApps. Pricing will be $10 user/app/month.
  • PowerApps per user plan. Equip individual users to run an unlimited number of apps, without any feature restrictions. This takes the place of existing P1 and P2 plans and will be $40 /user / month.

More reference: Licensing Guide 

Hope this helps,

Sik

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@v-siky-msft ,

I believe that is what I said.

There are some people syncing SharePoint in the background to SQL for reporting etc, but it is not an efficient process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,352)