cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdeev
Helper V
Helper V

URGENT!!!!! how on earth can I add multiple colums in a row and add a + sign to add more rows

Hello PowerUsers!!

In my form, I am trying to add 3 coloums in each row and I want to have the abilily for the users to click (+) or something so the other row with coloums pops up??? 

And then I want to save all those coloums data in the sql. I have 3 coloums (job steps, potential accidents, recomendations) in sql table. I am just so confused of how to do this whole process. I attached my form template and the powerapps form I am working on for the reference.

Any help is very much appreciated!!!!

Thanks a lot!!

3 REPLIES 3
tommyly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

From what I understand, you want the user to be able to enter in values for the 3 columns and when they click a (+) sign, it appends the user-input and is displayed on the screen (among previous entries) right?

In PowerApps, forms are designed to edit a single "record" and galleries are designed to display multiple records (aka "table"). It sounds like you are looking for both functional behaviors.

One way to do this is:

1. Stack a gallery and a form together on the same screen (it doesn't matter which is on top or bottom)
  2. Create a button or label for (+). For this example, let's say it's a button
  3. In the button's OnSelect property, use the syntax:
    SubmitForm(yourFormName)
  4. In the gallery's Item property, type in your datasource name

I want the users to have an option to enter as many rows as possible for those 3 coloums. For example, if the user decides to have some input in the first coloum which is  "sequence of jobs" and second coloum "potential hazards" for that particular job and "recomended safe procedures" for that job as the third coloum. 

And if they have more than 1 job steps (which is coloum 1 in this case) they should be able to click (+) or some button after the first coloumn to add another job( second row) and their corresponding potential hazards and recommended safe procedures ( as 2nd row's coloums)  . This is a part of my form ( see the picture)

I hope that makes sense?

BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

I believe the answer might be by using collections and galleries where you can continually add as many as you would like by clicking a button or ,in your case, a "+" button. There are three videos that Shane Young does that have helped me with similar problems like yours. Here is the link to the first one.

Video

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
Power Apps/Power Automate Developer
www.sovereignsp.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,106)