cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssvk Advocate II
Advocate II

URL field behaves differently in IE and Chrome

HI , I have a custom form On IE only - When clicking into the "url” field I get “the address is not valid” error, whereas in chrome it works fine.
5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: URL field behaves differently in IE and Chrome

Hi @ssvk

When your page opens in IE, can you select right click > properties and view the URL that IE is trying to open? Does it look like a properly formed address?

Also can you reproduce this behaviour on a different machine? This can help diagnose whether the problem is specific to your computer.

ssvk Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @timl,

Yes, we have reproduced the issue on different machine.

Its a SP list and when we click on new we see the form .

The form contains a datacard with URL field.

OnSelect ->Launch(DataCardValue.text) is used.

Can you try this at your end, you should be able to repoduce

Super User
Super User

Hi @ssvk

I tested this in IE11/Windows 10 and it worked for me in both an app and custom SharePoint form. Maybe someone else here can check also. In the meantime, I still think it's worth examining the Properties>URL setting in IE to make sure that you're launching a valid URL. This can help you check (for example) that the process isn't stripping any querystring parameters that you might have in an address.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ssvk,

I have also made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details.

I agree with @timl's thought almost, please check if the result the DataCardValue.text formula (you mentioned) returned is a valid URL link.

Please take a try to delete the custom form from your SP list, then re-create a new custom form for your SP list within your Chrome browser. After that, run your custom form in your IE 11 again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if you have turned off/disabled the Compatibility View option within your IE 11 browser.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for your post @ssvk and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this error. Can you review the latest replies and advise if it helps your problem?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,847)