cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

! - USER CANNOT SIGN IN - MFA

Greetings, 

I have shared an app with a user. When she tries to sign into Power Apps, she either:
1. Keeps getting redirected in MFA to approve login OR

2. Is directed back to the sign in screen getting Session ID 163f80c0-9a29-4e7f-bd39-2ebb4581cc76 error

I am preparing to release this app to ~100 users and would like to resolve this issue and determine the cause in an effort to avoid this with others.  

Immediate attention and response would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

ATTN MICROSOFT - USER CANNOT SIGN IN - MFA

Raising this up again. I need to release this app this weekend and want to avoid similar issues. I would appreciate some help with this.Thank you..

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: ATTN MICROSOFT - USER CANNOT SIGN IN - MFA

Sorry to hear that your users are facing authentication issue. We have seen issues where if user had accidentally logged in with a personal account, they are no longer able to login again. We have also seen issues related to the Microsoft Authenticator app not responding properly, causing authentication failure. Some of these failures have also happened due to system restrictions for Android devices (See here.)

In most cases, uninstalling and reinstalling both 'Power Apps' and 'Microsoft Authenticator' app will resolve the issue.

Please have your user follow the steps below and let us know if it helps:

1. Back up your 'Microsoft Authenticator' accounts
  2. Uninstall 'Microsoft Authenticator'
  3. Uninstall 'Power Apps'
  4. Reboot the device
  5. Reinstall 'Power Apps'
  6. Reinstall 'Microsoft Authenticator', add back your accounts
  7. Try to sign in to 'Power Apps' again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,415)