cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hantalabu
Helper II
Helper II

Un-visible multiple selected Items in the gallery

I have a form that has multiple selection of employee name, the creator can select more than one employee name. In the gallery, I want all the selected employees name to be visible. 

I've tried : Text= ThisItem.Employee Name.Value but it's not working. The error message shows that the data type= Table so its not text.

Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hantalabu
Helper II
Helper II

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Displaying-Choice-Columns-in-a-Gallery-in-Po... 

I found here the solution of the same issue.

Concat(ThisItem.'Employee Names'.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),", "))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @hantalabu ,

First, if your column is called "Employee Name" with a space, then check the proper name - it may be something like Employee_x0020_Name.

If your selection control is a Combo box then you can set your gallery Items: property to something like;

ComboBox.SelectedItems

Then your text label in the gallery row might be

ThisItem.Employee_x0020_Name

If you're not sure what the proper name is, type ThisItem. and then select the correct column from the list that appears.

I Hope this helps,

RT

hantalabu_1-1626354163155.png

Hello @RusselThomas 

Thanks for replying. When I typed ThisItem., 'Employee Name' appeared to me when I select it gave me an error.

Please check the screenshot, is it the right property? 

Thanks

RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @hantalabu ,

What data type is the Employee Name column?  If it's plain text, then it should be fine, but if it's a people/person column, then you'd have to specify the property of the person object - try adding another . after Employee Name to see if there are sub-properties.

ThisItem.'Employee name'.

You might find something like;

ThisItem.'Employee name'.DisplayName

If not, what is the error it's giving?  (Hover over the red cross for details)

Kind regards,

RT 

hantalabu_0-1627213200818.png

The data type is Table. And I've tried to put a dot after Employee Name only 'Value' appeared, and it not working as well.

For more details, the field Employee name is multiple selection in the form and choices type in Sharepoint.

hantalabu_2-1627213416996.png

hantalabu
Helper II
Helper II

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Displaying-Choice-Columns-in-a-Gallery-in-Po... 

I found here the solution of the same issue.

Concat(ThisItem.'Employee Names'.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),", "))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,204)