Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thura
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to Display details of gallery items

Hi all,

I have a gallery in power app. I want to display details and I put Select(Parent) in OnSelect property. But it is showing only the first item details even though I choose other items. This is the first time I encountered this issue. I did the same way as other galleries but there was no issue. Please help me. Thanks.

Thura_0-1641771668913.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Thura ,

I meant the Item of the Form you are navigating to for displaying the record

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Thura ,

Select(Parent) on a gallery component (such as your icon) simply runs whatever code is on the OnSelect of the gallery itself. What code do you have on there?

Hi @WarrenBelz,

There is only Select(Parent) on a gallery component (arrow icon) as shown in above picture. It works but it shows details of the first item only even though I select other items. It keeps showing details of first item. I don't know what is the root cause of that. But there is no issue in other gallery. Only this one is showing like this.

@Thura ,

I meant what is the code OnSelect of the Gallery (not the icon) - there has to be something there for it to show the item.

@WarrenBelz ,

Just only Navigate is there.

@Thura ,

Then what is the Item of your Form?

@WarrenBelz 

The below code is at the Item of the gallery.

DropColumns(SortByColumns(AddColumns(Search(DataSource, TextSearchBox.Text, ColumnName),"_sortOrder",Switch(ColumnName.Value,"SCCM",1,"DRM",2,"Telius",3,4)),"_sortOrder",Ascending),"_sortOrder")

@Thura ,

I meant the Item of the Form you are navigating to for displaying the record

@WarrenBelz 

Thank you. I just found out that the gallery in the Item of the Form is wrong. The issue is solved. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,894)