I have a form generated from a Sharepoint list that somehow seems to have an issue with the connector. Upon attempting to submit an item through the form, the generic "Unable to save changes - Data source may be invalid" error appears. When checking the object throwing the error, it reads: "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 1." and then a clientRequestID and serviceRequestID follows (The error is attached as 'powerapps issue'). I tried to roll back to a previous build, but I get the following error: "Restore failed. The user with object id (my object ID) in tenant '0c5780e7-f6ce-48f8-a953-82680ecd7c52' does not have access to permission 'Set PowerApps Connection Direct Consent Bypass' in environment 'Default-0c5780e7-f6ce-48f8-a953-82680ecd7c52'. Error Code: UserMissingRequiredPermission' (Attached as 'powerapps issue2')
I have never seen the second error, and I have done rollbacks without any issues previously.
About the First error:
Can you share a bit more about your app’s configuration?
Do this issue show up only when editing an existing item within your app?
I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned.
Please try to remove data source and reconnect it.
Please check if you have modified some columns of your SP list on your side
Please try to recreate an app based on your SP list , and then try it again to check if the issue still exists. if the
Issue still exists, please take a try to recreate your SP list and create a new app, check if the issue is solved.
In addition , if you want to modify an existing item in your SP list, I think the patch function could also achieve your needs. more
Details about patch function in powerapps, please check the following article:
About the Second error:
Can you share a bit more about your app size?
If you have too many version or your app is too large,the error will be displayed.
please refer as:
please check with account that you have full access in admin account
Please check if you are in the tenant .if not, try with another O365 tenant
Please check the current Environment that you want to restore.
please refer as
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll do my best to answer everything.
My app is a 75-field form generated from a SharePoint list. I'm using booleans to control what fields are displayed, based on what is selected from a drop-down. Editing items appears to be broken as well.
I deleted/readded the data connection, which fixed it momentarily, but upon using a specific set of fields, it was broken again. I cannot find a correlation between the fields and the error received, though. I created an app from the list, and it looks like it was able to submit without any issues, so it definitely seems to be specific to the app and not necessarily the list. I'll test the Patch() function shortly.
The app exports to a 677 KB archive, and currently has about 40 versions. I am on the PowerApps 1 license, so I do not have access to admin rights. I should be in the tenant, though I'll investigate further.
I appreciate your help!
Thank you for your reply.We are glad to hear that your question has been solved.
I'm looking forward to further information
Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.
Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications