cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abaid
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to access SharePoint Image URL from PowerApps to bind with Gallery or Image control

Image and gallery control do not display SharePoint libarary images, Image are loading fine from public URL, currently its a PowerApps product gap.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hiya

Change your hyperlink column in SharePoint to render image not URL and it should work...

www.cleverworkarounds.com/2017/09/22/a-lesser-known-but-really-important-update-to-powerapps/

regards

Paul

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Abaid
Helper I
Helper I

- My list and control bindings are below, Image control does not show any error and it just does not load the image.

SharePoint listSharePoint listControl bindingControl binding

Hiya

Change your hyperlink column in SharePoint to render image not URL and it should work...

www.cleverworkarounds.com/2017/09/22/a-lesser-known-but-really-important-update-to-powerapps/

regards

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abaid

If you are trying to return images from SharePoint Picture library it won't work unfortunately 😐 

I came across this problem as well, so I've raised a ticket with Microsoft and they've explained that is related with the way PA is trying to get the images - it doesn't authenticate properly to SP so it can't get the images.

Workaround suggested by them was to save the images in a SharePoint list 'Picture' column.

Unfortunately, the workaround doesn't suit my scenario, and nothing in the conversation suggested that this will be looked at in the future to be resolved ... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that's actually an interesting solution that sounds like it would work! 

I'll give definitely give it a try! 

Thank you for it 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paul_culmsee
OMG!! This actually works!! 

Thank you so much for it, I've looked for a solution to this for ages!

MasterOffice365
Advocate III
Advocate III

Any image stored in SPO, rendered within a PowerApps app in any resolution as you so desire.

38 MB Image

• Thumbnail as small as: 3-5 Kb

• 2500px rendition: 200 Kb

Office365Master
Advocate V
Advocate V

Any image stored in SPO, rendered within a PowerApps app in any resolution as you so desire.

38 MB Image

• Thumbnail as small as: 3-5 Kb

• 2500px rendition: 200 Kb

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,529)