Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snacham
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to access nested table in Collection and display in Gallery

Hi,

I have a collection which has nested tables and I am trying to access both Root Level Collection and Nested collection to display them on the Gallery. So, I made the datasource as root collection and trying to access nested collection but I am unable to do it. 

Is there a way we can access nested collection and display the values in the Gallery.

Here is my main Collection - 

Snacham_0-1617745402627.png

And I am trying to access ClientQuestionnaires nested collection.

Snacham_3-1617745858557.png

I am trying to access account_lead value from nested collection, but receiving the below error -

Snacham_2-1617745772761.png

Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@Snacham 

As clientQuestionnaires is a nested table that can contain multiple rows with multiple account_leads, a simple way to display the account leads in the gallery would be to add a label, and to concatenate the values by setting the text property to the following:

Concat(ThisItem.clientQuestionnaires, account_lead & " " )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@Snacham 

As clientQuestionnaires is a nested table that can contain multiple rows with multiple account_leads, a simple way to display the account leads in the gallery would be to add a label, and to concatenate the values by setting the text property to the following:

Concat(ThisItem.clientQuestionnaires, account_lead & " " )

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response, it worked. How can I access if the nested table has multiple rows and columns ? Like something below -

Snacham_0-1618000799314.png

Here CollectionVersions is the root collection and ChangeValuesCQ is the nested collection. I wanted to show these on the gallery.

One way will be creating separate collection for ChangeValuesCQ and display on the gallery. Would like to know if there is any other way.

Thanks,

timl
Super User III
Super User III

@Snacham 

If you want to display the output in a gallery control, the easiest way would be to add a child gallery control inside your main gallery control.

You would set the items property of your child gallery control to ThisItem.changeValuesCQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,804)