cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charizard
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to add fields from SharePoint List

Hi, I'm trying to create a blank vertical gallery on Power Apps and it won't let me select fields. I can select the fields just fine on a non-blank vertical gallery. The list is connected as a datasource. 

charizard_0-1652354084552.png

I am trying to recreate this gallery as shown in one of the sample power apps (shown below) and I couldn't get the fields to show up when I type it in the Items box which is why I'm trying to make it from scratch.

charizard_1-1652354334977.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @charizard ,

As it says in the screen, you need to add controls to the gallery to display any information (fields).

If you have an existing gallery, you can just copy that and customize it to fit your needs, rather than re-creating it from scratch.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @charizard ,

As it says in the screen, you need to add controls to the gallery to display any information (fields).

If you have an existing gallery, you can just copy that and customize it to fit your needs, rather than re-creating it from scratch.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @charizard ,

You can change the Layout property of that Gallery then it will put controls based on the layout you have chosen, and some of the fields will be added to the Gallery automatically. In other words, you will not be able to add fields to a blank layout Gallery. 

vjefferni_0-1652857143084.png

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,552)