cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrinkTech
Level: Powered On

Unable to clearcollect on - OnView for sharepoint customized powerapps form

Hi

I am unable to clear collect a collection in one view that I am switching to on - OnView of sharepoint customized form. this view has a data table and a gallery that is connected to a collection ABC which is also been referred to in another view as a data source. 

What I am actually trying to do is - when people view sharepoint list item, I am taking list field value with is delimitter seperated and building a record in collection ABC. this is not happening when I write clearcollect in - OnView action, while it works absolutely fine when I do that same thing on button click. 

here is the formula I am using - ClearCollect(ABC,ForAll(Split(TrimEnds(SharePointIntegration.Selected.recordFieldValue),"#"),{Column1: First(Split(Result, ",").Result).Result, Column2: First(LastN(Split(Result, ","),7).Result).Result}))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shrinkTech

Re: Unable to clearcollect on - OnView for sharepoint customized powerapps form

Dang. Worked.

The issue was that, in OnView of SharePointIntegration we need to only assign variables and navigate to screens. then on the OnVisible property of the screen we need to write the exact logic of collecting data to collection.

Freaking annoyed, as it took more than 4 days to figure. 

SharePointIntegration illustration - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration#customize-t...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shrinkTech

Re: Unable to clearcollect on - OnView for sharepoint customized powerapps form

Dang. Worked.

The issue was that, in OnView of SharePointIntegration we need to only assign variables and navigate to screens. then on the OnVisible property of the screen we need to write the exact logic of collecting data to collection.

Freaking annoyed, as it took more than 4 days to figure. 

SharePointIntegration illustration - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration#customize-t...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,921)