cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guus-tc

Unable to connect to SQL on premises server

I am using PowerApps with a direct connection to a Dynamics NAV SQL server database. Unfortunately, I am not able to load data from the connection while I get the error "The data did not load correctly, please try again". I am using the same credentials and server on PowerBI and this works correctly. I use the on-premises data gateway to connect to the server for both powerapps and powerBI.

Is anybody familliar with this issue and knows a possible solution?

7 REPLIES 7
dimazaid
Microsoft
Microsoft

hi @Guus-tc,
What function are you using in the connector? 
Looking at the gateway logs, are you seeing any errors? Logs can be found here: 

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log

The connector is just set up for PowerBI and i'm using it online for the PowerApps connection.

I have a log file, but is about 2mb big and there is so many information in it that I do not know what to look for. Any idea's for keywoards or something to search for in this log file?

I think there might be a general issue at the moment because every datasource I try to use gives me the same error. "The data did not load correctly, please try again"

Hi @Guus-tc

If there was an issue with your gateway you will find "error" or "failed" in the log file. 

@AJM2016 are you on the same team? Could you verify it's an issue on your side?

@dimazaid no not same team I was just adding it in case there was a pattern forming with powerapps generally not able to connect to datasources. I tried again 10-12 hours ago and it worked but now back to having problems again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i have the same problem, is there already any solution for this case?
Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Guus-tc

Were you able to successfully use the On-Premises SQL connection in PowerApps (Web).

I created a connection in Web version of PowerApps and when i use choose this connection as data source, i get "The data did not load correctly. Please try again"

Wondering if you were able to resolve your issue and shed some light. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,544)