cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtang
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create new item

Hi all,

Newbie here, I'm having some trouble with my powerapps form creating new items on my SharePoint list.

This problem did not previously exist, upon further testing I noticed that Powerapps has recently updated from version 3.19014.10 to 3.19021.13. I believe this may be the source of the issue.

When a version of my app is restored with Powerapps release 3.19014.10 creating a new item does not produce any issues. However any form with release 3.19021.13 will cause an error message "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid."

I've tried the following:

• Removing and re-adding the data source
  • Refreshing the data source
  • Restoring to a previous version, verifying creating a new item works, and making changes to that form (it automatically updates to the new release and creating a new item starts failing again)

But the problem still persists, please advise?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dtang
Frequent Visitor

Hey Randy,

Please disregard, I foolishly created a mandatory field after the fact and completely forgot about it. After removing the column and refreshing the data source the problem went away.

User error! For the record there was no patching and only SubmitForm(SharePointForm) was used.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dtangcan you give some more information about any formulas you might have on Submit buttons or Patches or anything else.

That would be helpful to see if there is an issue with your formula that might be at fault.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
dtang
Frequent Visitor

Hey Randy,

Please disregard, I foolishly created a mandatory field after the fact and completely forgot about it. After removing the column and refreshing the data source the problem went away.

User error! For the record there was no patching and only SubmitForm(SharePointForm) was used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,591)