cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliceCPM
Frequent Visitor

Unable to filter on Power BI tile

I'm trying to apply a filter to a Power BI tile in a Power Apps canvas app, but it just does not seem to be recognising any filters in the URL.

I have tried using the following, which as far as I'm aware should work without issue: 

https://app.powerbi.com/embed?dashboardId=[DASHBOARD ID]&tileId=[TITLE ID]&config=eyJjbHVzdGVyVXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9XQUJJLVVLLVNPVVRILXJlZGlyZWN0LmFuYWx5c2lzLndpbmRvd3MubmV0IiwiZW1iZWRGZWF0dXJlcyI6eyJtb2Rlcm5FbWJlZCI6ZmFsc2V9fQ%3d%3d&filter=JobTracker/ClientSiteId eq 44

But it just doesn't seem to be recognising the filter. (I've removed the dashboard and title ID from the above, in my Power App the square brackets aren't there). For reference, the filter parameters I've tried to apply in Power Apps work just fine when I try them on the Report page over on Power BI.

I've seen some examples of people putting a $ sign after the & symbol, so it read "&$filter=", but this seems to make no difference to me. I've also tried trimming the "%3d%3d" from the URL, and also tried removing the config parameter entirely. (I don't really know what the config parameter does here since the tile displays fine with or without it)

I've seen that there has very recently been an issue with Power BI tiles, specifically pinned live tiles, as mentioned in this thread. I don't know if this issue has been resolved yet - could the "regression on the Power BI embed service" mentioned here be what is preventing me from filtering? The tile displays fine otherwise, but no variation of filter parameters in the TileUrl seem to make a difference. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
aliceCPM
Frequent Visitor

I've now resolved what the issue was - documenting it here in case future users are struggling!

While the Power BI web app is capable of picking up filters on Number values absolutely fine, if you try to do the same in the query string parameters over on Power Apps, it will not work. Either filter on a String, or pop a calculated column in your dataset to convert the Number to a String

View solution in original post

RafaelBertinott
Frequent Visitor

Hello All!

After changing this option to true, the filters starts working!!

RafaelBertinott_0-1627308624707.png

I'm using the following sintax:
&filter=Table/Column%20eq%20%27parameter%27

Either my Table and column does not contain any spaces in their names.

3 REPLIES 3
aliceCPM
Frequent Visitor

Still experiencing issues with this - I can see the issue in the linked thread is resolved, so internal issue on the service that was affecting that does not seem to be affecting filtering. I can only assume I've glossed over something glaringly obvious, but so far I can't see anything!

aliceCPM
Frequent Visitor

I've now resolved what the issue was - documenting it here in case future users are struggling!

While the Power BI web app is capable of picking up filters on Number values absolutely fine, if you try to do the same in the query string parameters over on Power Apps, it will not work. Either filter on a String, or pop a calculated column in your dataset to convert the Number to a String

RafaelBertinott
Frequent Visitor

Hello All!

After changing this option to true, the filters starts working!!

RafaelBertinott_0-1627308624707.png

I'm using the following sintax:
&filter=Table/Column%20eq%20%27parameter%27

Either my Table and column does not contain any spaces in their names.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,045)