cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to find the default new form for list after publishing SharePoint PowerApps Form. Its trying to load the default forms instead of PowerApps.

I've created a PowerApps form for my SharePoint list and published it.  When I click the new button or try to edit the item, its trying to open the default forms.  I get a error, something went wrong "Unable to find the default new form for list".   The list is in the modern view and the From settings are set to Use a custom form created in PowerApps.  This list was migrated from 2013 and had a Nintex form attached to it.  We are ditching Nintex and converting to PowerApps.   In SharePoint designer there are no Forms and I cannot create new forms as it tells me "Cannot save list changes to server".  This shouldn't matter as I'm using PowerApps.  This is a strange one for sure.  Anyone have this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I would suggest starting over and using PowerApps to generate a complete app from your SharePoint list.  It will do it automatically and only take a minute or two. _Screenshot 2020-12-16 140345.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Drrickryp,

This did work to get the Modern list forms working.  But as soon as you customize the list form in PowerApps, we then get the error message:  Something went wrong "Unable to find the default new form for list".

I have a ticket opened with Microsoft.  I'm hoping they can help.  I'll post back here when we have a fix.

SagarPilli
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous 

Do you have any update from Microsoft support . We are experiencing similar issue when a list is migrated from classic to modern & then customizing with Power apps list form. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, yes.  The solution was to open the site in SharePoint Designer.  Copy the DispForm.aspx, EditForm.aspx, and the NewForm.aspx from a list that was working to the list that was broken.  Open the forms and update the ListID to the broken list ID.  You can do this by browsing All Files --> Lists --> Your List.   This worked for me.

Doesn't this deletes all the customization you did to the form?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,617)