Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asuhaimi
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to get DisplayName box text input

Hello Guys,

I choose Choice formula for my PIC (Person) column, and select as DisplayName but I can't select/type PIC name and just getting dropdown as below:

Item  ---   Choices('Greyhound 2022 - VOICE CORE - Activity'.PIC)

asuhaimi_0-1645437872662.png

Appreciate your help

Regards

asuhaimi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @asuhaimi ,

If you need to type in search text, you will need a Combo box instead:

vjefferni_0-1645599398101.png

The main difference between Combo box and Dropdown is Combo box allows searching:

vjefferni_1-1645599501377.png

But you should note that people picker will have nothing in the dropdown area unless you type the search text in the search area.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bnerd
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @asuhaimi 

if you would like to get a list of pictures showing in the pop-up dropdown list you best create a Component with a vertical gallery listing all your images. 

In your screen you can use it similar to what you'd do with pop-up menu - click button to show component under it; on select, hide component and pickup image selected as an Output Property.

Hope this helps.

Hi @bnerd 

Thanks for response.

I just want the name only but I've to go tro all the to do selection. I think need to amend on my Choice Item formula but I tried  as .PIC.Display giving an error

Item  ---   Choices('Greyhound 2022 - VOICE CORE - Activity'.PIC)

asuhaimi
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @bnerd 

That is not what I mean.. I just need DisplayName can be selected.. I already put True (AllowEmptySelection) in Advance Property

asuhaimi
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @bnerd 

Sorry make you confuse.. PIC is Person In Charge not a Picture 🙂

PIC is a column (Person). I just need to display name already appeared and not taken from email list displayname.

Hi @asuhaimi ,

If you need to type in search text, you will need a Combo box instead:

vjefferni_0-1645599398101.png

The main difference between Combo box and Dropdown is Combo box allows searching:

vjefferni_1-1645599501377.png

But you should note that people picker will have nothing in the dropdown area unless you type the search text in the search area.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,919)