cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iantg
Level: Powered On

Unable to get PowerApps to even print from browser with any sort of Control P

You guys are killing me here.  First I find out that there is no way to build a proper printing tool from within the app desiner, so it appears the only solution is to tell the client that they have to hit control P and just print from their screens directly.  Not the best solution, but it seems to be the only way....  But when we try this, it doesn't work!  The entire powerapps data becomes invisible!

I tried this on IE, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox both with reports that were embedded in SharePoint and from within the PowerApps URL directly.  Nothing displays at all.  Everything is hidden / blank!

I must be missing something.  Is there a setting I don't know about that is delberately hiding powerapps from visible print view on every single browser in some sort of weird advance setting, or is this some kind of cruel practical joke.

Please help!

Ian

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to get PowerApps to even print from browser with any sort of Control P

Hi Ian,

Printing from Powerapps is a sore point here and many of us have had to resort to complicated ways to capture our data for printing.  Microsoft Windows has a free desktop app called Snipping Tool that is easy to use and can capture a .png file from the screen.  Maybe that can help you.  We are all waiting for the team to address the printing issues and some of us have had to abandon Powerapps because our clients require printed output.

mr-dang
Level 10

Re: Unable to get PowerApps to even print from browser with any sort of Control P

@Iantg, printing means a lot of different things to different people. For some, they want a screenshot in the app. Others want to layout elements across A4 paper.

What are you wanting to print? 

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Highlighted
Iantg
Level: Powered On

All I am looking for at this point is the extremely basic traditional print from browser functionality that is offered by nearly every single website on the web.  For example if I go to a news site and see a story I want to print, I can hit control P and it will bring up the print diaglog setting for that browser, then I can navigate the settings, pick if I want landscape or portrait, pick if I want letter, A3, A4, ect and then my printer will print whatever is on my internet browser.

This is all I want powerapps to be able to do.  When I try to print from I.E, Chrome, Firefox, or Edge it removes the visibility of the embedded report from powerapps in Sharepoint.  As I work around I have also tried to print directly from the powerapps app URL, so this way it gets around any potential issue that might stem from embedding.  Nothing works.  For testing purposes try this yourself on google chrome and notice how as soon as you go to print the report will completely dissapear.

Is there a setting that I don't know about within power apps that is causing this?  Why would Microsoft make a product that does this?

Ian

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Iantg,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to print the PowerApps form data (using "Ctrl + P") from your browser?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The GIF screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Please take a try to clear cache of your browser, then try it again to check if the issue is solved.

In addition, if you want to print PowerApps form data, please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://centricconsulting.com/how-to-print-form-powerapps_portal/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cbaetz
Level: Power Up

I am having a similar issue and when I attempt the CTRL+p, I do not get a Print Preview screen. I simply get to choose which printer to send the image and when it prints out the form shows up as two single line shaded areas on the background list. The original view of the form has16 fields. None of those fields show up on the Print-out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,466)