cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to obtain access token for resource

Hi,  Starting from this morning I'm getting "Unable to obtain access token for resource 'https://service.powerapps.com/'. Error from ADAL.js: Token Renewal Failed (Token renewal operation failed due to timeout)". when I try to Edit the app. It is fine when I just run the app, but when I try to Edit it I get this error. I'm already logged in to web.Powerapps and able to see all the apps But when I try to edit the app I get this error.

it's happening in all the browsers, I also delete the cache and tried but the same error on Edit app. It was just fine until yesterday.

Thanks,

-Salman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to obtain access token for resource

Thanks working fine now.

-Sal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@SalTJX10182018 

Might want to check this recent post.  There seems to have been an issue today with it.  Appears to be fine now. Try again.

I hope that is helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks working fine now.

-Sal

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Issue: "Unable to obtain access token for resource"

Resolution steps: 

1. Try clearing your cache in each browser
  2. Somehow the re-login attempt gets failed to key in our username and password would be the root cause. Don't know where goes the single sign-on mechanism. Hence try with the below workaround.
  3. Go to IE settings >> Security tab>> Trusted sites and ensure to add sites for  "https://login.microsoftonline.com" and "https://create.powerapps.com".
  4. Also, make sure the above URLs or your tenant URL are not added in the "Restricted sites" of the Security tab option.
  5. Go to Chrome settings >>Privacy and Security from left menu >> Site Settings section >>Popup & restriction >> In Allow section click the "Add" button and start adding the above two URLs.
  6. If failed then try accessing from another machine or from a mobile device and see the problem persists
  7. The final option left out is to reach out MSFT since its an Azure service which end-user has limitation to deep drive its root cause. 

Good luck!!!

Kapiljith Rajappan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,317)