Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to open Excel File

Login.PNG

What should be my next step on this problem? The excel is connected through OneDrive for Business

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Unable to open Excel File

Hi @312_312 ,

This issue seems to be caused by Excel spreadsheets, please make sure that there is no formula or personal information in Excel table. Then try to re-connect the excel table to PoweApps.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

@312_312 

Can you please provide more details about your issue?

Where are you trying to open the excel from? Is it on a click of a link / button you are trying to open the excel? If so, you could probably use launch() function.

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

This is a linking DataSource to a table in Excel file. I used it to LookUp data from the excel table for login screen in canvas app through button 'Login'. Since its unable to open the excel, each time I login.... the data source does not match hence no one can login whether is correct data (email&password) or incorrect data(email&password)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @312_312 ,

This issue seems to be caused by Excel spreadsheets, please make sure that there is no formula or personal information in Excel table. Then try to re-connect the excel table to PoweApps.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank for the insights. The excel spreadsheet does contain formulae. However, I need the formulae to generate automation that once data key-in from PowerApp then data will automatically generate into Excelsheet to automatically calculate the data. So, are you telling me that PowerApp connector can’t support excelsheet that contains formulae at all??

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @312_312 

Yes, absolutely.  I would recommend you implement the formula function in PowerApps and save the calculated value to excel table, rather than using formula in excel.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Can you recommend me any reference to employ the PowerApp and connect to the ExcelSheet??

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @312_312 ,

We are all mainly learnt from PowerApps official Documents.

Here are some docs for your reference.

Connect to Excel from Power Apps  Create a canvas app from Excel Create a canvas app from scratch based on Excel data 

The following links explained that the formula-calculated excel data is not supported in PowerApps.

Known limitations If Excel has a formula, data not showing??  

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,847)