Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkumar88
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Unable to open PowerApps using QR code

Does anyone have seen below error?

Safari cannot open the page because the address is in valid? I have QR code generator and also used below format. Still I am getting this pop error when opening via mobile device. If I ignore and say "continue in browser" it takes me to the app. Otherwise it won't work.

I am using PowerApps with Portrait mobile layout.

https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=200x200&chl= 

13 REPLIES 13
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

Where are you getting the URL for the QR code from?

@WarrenBelz , I am using https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=200x200&chl= url along with WebURL of PowerApps. that will generate QR  code.

Something like below solution.

Solved: Scanning a QR code to open a powerapp - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

@rajkumar88 ,

That is not a Power Apps URL, so it will not open Power Apps.

@WarrenBelz is there a way to open PowerApps using QR code? we want users to scan QR and it should take them to a specific App.

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

Yes - you need to get the App URL 

WarrenBelz_0-1636074996291.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

@WarrenBelz , Please don’t take me wrong. I know users can use link to get to the app. My question is can we use QR code to get to the app rather using a link. Due to this I went for other solution which is not working properly. 

@rajkumar88 ,

Yes of course - that URL will work with a QR code - I assume your users have the Power App app installed on their devices?

rajkumar88
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

@WarrenBelz With this url, how can we generate a QR code? I don’t see any setting in powerapps to generate QR code. Now how do we generate QR code which can be used to open this app. 

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

With any URL code generator - I use QR4Office as an add-in for Word, but there are many others including on-line facilities - just search QR Code Generator in Google/Bing

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,944)