Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DileepGolla
Advocate V
Advocate V

Unable to open an attachment in IE or Edge

Hi,

We have a form where we save data form the Form to a SQL table and this form also has attachments which are saved to a SharePoint List.

When I open this from in Chrome browser, everything works fine and I am able to View/Download the attachments.

But this doesnt work in IE or Edge. On IE, when I select the attachment, it given the "Couldn't download the file" error message. I am using the IE11 Version.

When I try it on Edge, it downloads the file, but when I try opening it, is says incorrect format/ Corrupt file.

Does IE/Edge support attachments? If Yes, should I make any browser specific changes to the app? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DileepGolla,

Usually, one Form can only have one data source. So you cannot both have records from SQL and attachment from SharePoint list. And when using SharePoint list as data source of forms, downloading files from attachment control in IE and Edge both should work as expected.

Or did you mean that the Form's data source is SharePoint list, and you only use Patch not SubmitForm to save data to SQL?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-monli-msft,

We have two different forms(Form1-SQL table as data source, Form2- SharePoint list as data source ) on a screen.We are using Flow to trigger a Stored Procedure which will save data to the SQL table from Form1. And the attachements are saved to the sharepoint list using SubmitForm(Form2).

The App that we have developed works as expected in Google Chrome(able to VIew/Download the attachments) but does not work in IE or Edge. You can see the attached errors that we see on IE and Edge in my earlier post. Our organization uses IE as default browser so we need this to be resolved immediately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,828)