Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dmistry
Level 8

Unable to position the buttons added on the Edit Screen/Form

Hi,

I am working on a PowerApp which contains & SharePoint list columns displayed as data cards. I wanted to add two buttons as Submit and Cancel but for some reason after adding them I can't position them appropriately. Please see below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

You can clearly see that I am unable to make any adjustments to Button and for cancel button, i reduced the height so it fit. Is there a way I can have the original button size with proper alignment. I tried by adding padding attributes for button but it does not help. Can someone please suggest a way to fix this. Please help.

Also once users submit on Submit button, I woudl like to show a message stating that the record was successfully submitted. Let me know how this can be done. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to position the buttons added on the Edit Screen/Form

- Select your Form

- On the right side under properties click on the section to the right of 'Fields'...say something like "7 selected"

- A panel will pop out showing your Data source and listing your fields that are in your form. 

- to the right of where it says Fields on that panel is a " ...", click on that and click "+Add a custom card"

It may come in at an odd size but just format it and then you can put the button in the card.

Let me know if you need any additional info or I didn't explain well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

If you don't want the buttons in a fixed location and want them at the bottom when they scroll then I would add a custom card and put the buttons inside the card.

If you do want them fixed just make your form shorter and raise them above your button location.

Hope this helps!

dmistry
Level 8

Can you please add steps to add a custom card. Thanks.

Super User
Super User

- Select your Form

- On the right side under properties click on the section to the right of 'Fields'...say something like "7 selected"

- A panel will pop out showing your Data source and listing your fields that are in your form. 

- to the right of where it says Fields on that panel is a " ...", click on that and click "+Add a custom card"

It may come in at an odd size but just format it and then you can put the button in the card.

Let me know if you need any additional info or I didn't explain well.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,056)