Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT_Corrin
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to process binding

Hello,

can't currently open my app in edit mode (the published version seems fine). The error code is

"Unable to process binding: attr: function() { return { title: properties.Tooltip, 'aria-label':accessibleLabel, 'ariadescribedby': descriptionId} }

How can I solve this error?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
stefs
Frequent Visitor

Update - it seems to be loading for me today. Hope everyone else's is too!

its the same for me. btw i tried to open in Edge browser and it loaded. but i think its intermittent.

Wilder1626
Helper II
Helper II

On my side, i'm still having the same error today. I must say that i was able to opening once. But that was it. Sill not opening. 

JT_Corrin
Helper II
Helper II

I've had an update from the service team at MS.

Apparently this is a known issue and they are working on a fix. They have asked for more time.

I'll continue to update as I know.

Cheers

FYI for anyone. After logging a ticket with Microsoft, here are some of the root cause they have found so far.

Root Cause –

This issue is caused by creating an app on a newer version of Studio and then opening it on an older version of Studio.

To be more specific,

The app must have a Timer control
This can happen when app makers create an app in preview(Dev/Test/UAT) Studio and then try to open it in prod Studio. Prod is always older than Preview.
Fix and mitigation –

This issue is resolved in upcoming release.
As a mitigation, app makers can open their app with the latest version of Studio. All worldwide regions except Moderate should work. Remove all Timer controls if they wish to open it in an older version of Studio.
Expected behavior

Instead of crashing, users should see a dialog that informs them to use the latest version of Studio. They will still not be able to edit the app though, as there are backwards incompatible changes.

PowerO365Guy
Helper II
Helper II

@Wilder1626 @JT_Corrin  Thanks for your effort in finding the rootcause

JT_Corrin
Helper II
Helper II

Microsoft support tell me that MS have deploy a fix for this issue today.

While on the phone I tested it but the issue was still there. We agreed to try again tomorrow, giving the fix a bit of time to propagate to all the various regions.

fingers crossed!

JT_Corrin
Helper II
Helper II

I have been asked to try logging into the app today and happily the error message is now gone. It seems MS have fixed it.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,032)