cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Unable to put custom datacard to fill in space

Why am I not able to put a blank datacard in the circled area. I want to fill up that area so that other datafields will not populate it. And how do I keep the datacard placement from moving? Sometimes I'll reopen my app and these fields have moved around a little. For example I move a field then I click to another area of of the app and come back and the field has been moved to its previous spot (not where I want it to be). I am working with one screen and either make the fields visible or not visible depending on which buttons they press

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to put custom datacard to fill in space

@pnass001 

Type this code in the X property of the card

1*1

Type this code in the Y property of the card

2*1

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@pnass001
Have you considered making the existing DataCard the entire width of the form?  That would likely stop other Datacards from appearing its place.  You can put your controls wherever you want inside the Card

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@mdevaney Ok did that for the datacard within the screenshot. What about for datacards I movie around and then I click on another button that makes them invisible, then click back to the button that makes them visible and they have moved around to their previous locations (not the location I moved them). Let me know if I explained that well enough

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@mdevaney  It's like when I move datacards around in Step 2(Standards) the fields in Step 1 reset. As if what I do under one button affects the location of the other datacards under another button, but I made fields under each button visible to their respective button

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@pnass001 

How are you moving the DataCards around? Clicking and dragging?  Or manually typing the X and Y properties of each card?  I always type the X and Y property to avoid the form reorganizing itself.  Adding new fields can sometimes reset the form too.

A weird trick I sometimes use is to type (X-position * 1) or (Y-Position * 1) in the X or Y property fields.  It seems to prevent cars reorganization from happening when I add a new Card.

---

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@mdevaney  I am dragging the fields to their the spots I want them in. Manually inputting the x and y is not working well for me. I'll give an estimate range of where it should be located but it doesn't go to that spot. Any other methods? 

I tried to input the weird trick and it's coming out as a error: "Name isn't valid. Identifier isn't recognized"

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@pnass001 
Dragging and dropping is just going to create problems for you.  I learned this the hard way... in my humble opinion, the best way forward is to learn how to use the X and Y properties instead.

My weird trick does not work for drag + drop but you are welcome to post a screenshot of your error.

---

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@mdevaney Error is posted.

Moving around I have an example posted below. I am trying to move "Phase" to the field above it where it includes "Name". I put 0 within the "Y." Yet, the number doesn't stay changed and "Phase" doesn't get moved to right location 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@pnass001 
I see the issue.  Here’s how the weird trick works.

For the datacard that should be in position (x: 1, y: 2), you should type the following formula

X:

(1*1)

Y

(2*1)

---

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@mdevaney  This is the error message I get when using your trick. It won't work? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,497)