cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to read data from a query in excel which is stored in onedrive

Hi,

I have some data which is stored in excel in the form of a table. Before I bring that data to powerapps, I transform it using power query in excel. The resultant is a query that is saved on another sheet autoformatted into a table.  Now after I load this table to powerapps, I am getting all the column headers right but the rows are empty.

I tried to pull data from other tables in the same excel file and they all are loading fine. It's just the problem with this power query one. Does Powerapps not allow us to load data from an excel query? Please suggest. Following is the screenshot of the excel file.

Screenshot (361).png

Regards,

Aakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Please follow this video from Shane. The excel should be a table and powerapps would assign automatic id column before it works.

https://youtu.be/-Z_13J02RPU?t=192

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

Please follow this video from Shane. The excel should be a table and powerapps would assign automatic id column before it works.

https://youtu.be/-Z_13J02RPU?t=192

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @eka24 ,

Thanks for pointing out the Powerapps ID part. I see that even after connecting to excel data in powerapps, the ID column is not generated when I am loading it from the query. So it explains why the rows are not showing. Do you know a workaround this or will I have to give up the idea of loading the data from query?

Regards,

Aakash

If want a live connection, then remove the Table connection in Powerapps and restart the process again. Hope your rows are less than 2000. Also Check the file--setting-- if the delegation is increased to 2000.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,600)