cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjaf
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Unable to rearrange columns in data table

I'm sure i have done this in the past. I can add columns to a data table but I can't change the order of them afterwards. 
Only way to do it now is to remove all the columns and add them in the order, which is silly.

I can't figure out why this is, the documentation ( section 8 )  states that I should be able to drag them up and down, but i only get a prohibited icon when I try to do that:

PowerIssue#452.gif

Any idea what might be causing this behavior?

PowerApps Authoring version 3.20084.9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjaf ,

It seems that you are still using the old version of Data Table control.  I would suggest you use the new improved data table control by enabling the following feature in Advance Settings to see if the issue is fixed.

Snipaste_2020-09-10_16-49-19.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjaf ,

It seems that you are still using the old version of Data Table control.  I would suggest you use the new improved data table control by enabling the following feature in Advance Settings to see if the issue is fixed.

Snipaste_2020-09-10_16-49-19.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Oh, I see, thanks!

I can't confirm that this will solve it, but I expect this to be the reason for it. I cannot use experimental features because I have had issues with features breaking my app in not so obvious ways. I will have to continue with removing and adding columns when I need to re-arrange them until this is feature is out of preview. 😕  

In any case, should it not be marked in the documentation as experimental if it is an experimental/preview feature? 

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjaf ,

Kindly notice that, for now, Improved Data Table control has been a Preview feature, not a Experimental feature any more.

It's true that the DataTable control document hasn't been updated in a long time, because the new Data Table control has not yet completely replaced the old one, and they coexist. But I will submit this feedback and hope to create a document for Improved Data Table Control.

Sik

@v-siky-msft 
Preview or experimental, it should be clear in the documentation that you have to enable a feature for the documentation to be valid. There are both experimental and preview tags in the documentation for other features where this applies.

I raised an issue for the documentation. 

What do you suggest if that feature is enabled and this problem is still happening?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,147)