cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjaf
Advocate V
Advocate V

Unable to rearrange columns in data table

I'm sure i have done this in the past. I can add columns to a data table but I can't change the order of them afterwards. 
Only way to do it now is to remove all the columns and add them in the order, which is silly.

I can't figure out why this is, the documentation ( section 8 )  states that I should be able to drag them up and down, but i only get a prohibited icon when I try to do that:

PowerIssue#452.gif

Any idea what might be causing this behavior?

PowerApps Authoring version 3.20084.9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjaf ,

It seems that you are still using the old version of Data Table control.  I would suggest you use the new improved data table control by enabling the following feature in Advance Settings to see if the issue is fixed.

Snipaste_2020-09-10_16-49-19.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjaf ,

It seems that you are still using the old version of Data Table control.  I would suggest you use the new improved data table control by enabling the following feature in Advance Settings to see if the issue is fixed.

Snipaste_2020-09-10_16-49-19.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Oh, I see, thanks!

I can't confirm that this will solve it, but I expect this to be the reason for it. I cannot use experimental features because I have had issues with features breaking my app in not so obvious ways. I will have to continue with removing and adding columns when I need to re-arrange them until this is feature is out of preview. 😕  

In any case, should it not be marked in the documentation as experimental if it is an experimental/preview feature? 

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjaf ,

Kindly notice that, for now, Improved Data Table control has been a Preview feature, not a Experimental feature any more.

It's true that the DataTable control document hasn't been updated in a long time, because the new Data Table control has not yet completely replaced the old one, and they coexist. But I will submit this feedback and hope to create a document for Improved Data Table Control.

Sik

@v-siky-msft 
Preview or experimental, it should be clear in the documentation that you have to enable a feature for the documentation to be valid. There are both experimental and preview tags in the documentation for other features where this applies.

I raised an issue for the documentation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,991)