Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyankbhat
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to remove canvas app getting error

Hi,

Need urgent help in the removal of the app. Here is the background.

I earlier created a canvas app, and then I move it into the solution. Later on due to technical reason. I removed the app and also the solution from the default environment.

I was surprised to see that the app was still existing in my app. I am trying to remove this app; it did not work and did not see any error message appearing.

So I tried making changes to the app by putting simple text and saved it. Saving has been successful, but when I tried publishing, I am getting below error message.

The solution canvas app 'b23b315e-c422-43c4-a510-c1ee0976b429' was not found in instance 'https://org7d880c28.crm8.dynamics.com/'

Session ID: 9801af78-4629-4a97-8d3b-90a286d7487f

Can anyone help me or suggest how to delete this app?

Thanks

Priyank Bhat

7 REPLIES 7
sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @priyankbhat , 

Did you import managed solution or unmanaged solution?

priyankbhat
Helper III
Helper III

It was the unmanaged solution.

I removed solution after that I tried removing the app from solution but now app exists and I am unable to remove or publish it.

Thanks

Priyank Bhat

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

For unmanaged solution you have to individually delete apps
Delete an unmanaged solution
An unmanaged solution is a group of solution components. Deleting the solution deletes a single solution record in the database. Solution components are not affected by the solution being deleted, they remain in the system.

Image 9.png

Yes, I have already removed the unmanaged solution.

Now I am trying to remove the canvas app. But it does not get removed or published. See below screenshot.

priyankbhat_0-1609879507624.png

priyankbhat
Helper III
Helper III

Another issue I see in the last couple of weeks. After I got an issue with the app, and I attempted to remove this app. After the attempt was unsuccessful, I tried renaming app as per the above screenshot with a new name. Now people accessing application link is still seeing the old name and I am getting access request. This, I believe, is some internal issue in powerapps.

priyankbhat_1-1609879810216.png

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

That's very weird. Can you try logging into your PowerApps from incognito/private browser.

I believe it's browser cache

priyankbhat
Helper III
Helper III

Yes, this is weird. I just opened in edge browser in-private window and chrome incognito mode. I have the same error message in both browsers.

Closely checking error, it says

"The solution canvas app 'b23b315e-c422-43c4-a510-c1ee0976b429' was not found in instance"

While I can run the last published app but can not publish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,268)