cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toby95
Level: Powered On

Unable to resize datacard height?

I created a custom form based on a list in SharePoint. A couple of the datacard fields have somehow grown larger than they need to be, but I can't for the life of me find a way of resizing the height.

As you can see in the screenshot, the datacard has white space underneath it. When I drag the resize box nothing seems to happen. If I set the height manually in the datacard's settings, nothing happens. I read elsewhere there was a solution where the ErrorMessage component could cause resizing issues. I deleted this, and still it won't resize.

image (1).png

Any help would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
notj
Level 8

Re: Unable to resize datacard height?

I had the same issue @v-yutliu-msft . Thank you for clearing up point #2. While I disagree with that functionality, at least I know it exists now and I can plan around it. My fix has been to have Different forms on the same screen. Attachment controls often take up a lot of vertical space so I put them in their own form, and I let my other controls take up their normal amount of vertical space in their own form. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @toby95,

Do you want to resize your data card’s height?

Could you tell me have you made other configurations on the data card?

Could you tell me whether you want to customize a Share Point list’s form or create a tablet app?

As the picture you showed,it looked more like an edit form of a tablet app,so I made a test according to this.

Two points may effect resizing the data card:

1、 the data card’s widthfit:if it’s true,you can’t resize its width.

2、 The form’s layout.The left part’s height will effect the right part’s height.If the content in left part needs three rows to show,the right part will can’t shorten to a height shorter than three rows.

You may adjust according to these two items.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for posting in the community @toby95 - can you review the above reply and update the thread when you have a chance? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

notj
Level 8

I had the same issue @v-yutliu-msft . Thank you for clearing up point #2. While I disagree with that functionality, at least I know it exists now and I can plan around it. My fix has been to have Different forms on the same screen. Attachment controls often take up a lot of vertical space so I put them in their own form, and I let my other controls take up their normal amount of vertical space in their own form. 

View solution in original post

VikasSukhija02
Level: Powered On

I also faced this issue,this is caused by error message under data card, see details in below blog post.

https://techwizard.cloud/2019/09/29/powerapps-not-able-to-resize-the-field/

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,584)