cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrelopez
Frequent Visitor

Unable to see dropdown values in powerapps form

Issue:

There are some (4) users who are not able to see dropdown values in our Power App form. We made sure that they have proper licenses and access to the app and the SharePoint library that is being used as a data source.

No one in our development team can replicate their issue. And most users are able to use the form as expected. We’ve tried having them test it in different browsers, clear their cache, and even gave them admin access to the app but they are still not able to see the dropdown values. They also have the same browser versions like us.

The SharePoint data source is very simple. It’s just being used to display 3 dropdowns that displays Yes/No choices. I even tried giving them admin access to both app and SharePoint list datasource. For some reason, the app will load the form but the dropdown values won’t show. Below is the screenshot of what happens to the users having the issue. Any idea or suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks

drpdown value not displaying.png

6 REPLIES 6
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rrelopez ,

You can cross-check the LoggedIn User who not able to see the Data in DropDown. Hw has access in SharePoint List or Not if you are using SharePoint as a source.

This situation also comes when the user trying to access value from SharePoint but he doesn't have access to Read the data.

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Hi @VijayTailor,

Thank you for your reply. We are using SharePoint as a source and I made sure that the user has access to the SharePoint list. I had them access the list and make sure they have access. I even tried giving them admin access to the SharePoint list datasource but still no luck. 

Share-and-Flow
Frequent Visitor

We are facing same issue.

As of now only 1 user is experiencing this issue, This user can see drop down in one PowerApps Form but not the other.

All other users having same access as this user don't have any trouble with Drop Down.

alinapetra
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I also have the same issue with one user (my customer!!! 😥)

Kat27
Helper I
Helper I

Did you try advanced settings for the list that is not showing in the dropdown?  Check the Read access settings.  This needs to be set for read all items.  If you have read items that were created by the user, they cannot access a list where they have read only access.  Good luck!

alinapetra
Frequent Visitor

A colleague told me that sometimes forms are 'quirky' and recommended I delete the form and recreate it. I did that and the user was able to see the dropdown values in the form. Wasted a lot of time, as I had lots of formatting. Wish I knew what the real 'root cause' was for future reference. At least I was able to finish this app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,175)