cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smemmi
Frequent Visitor

Unable to set auto-height property for a Label inside a component using a custom property

I have created a PowerApps component which has a Label inside. I want to be able to set the value of the Label's "Auto-height" property from the component. So I created a custom property lets say I called it "LabelAutoHeight", which is an Input property type and a date type Boolean. Now I try to set the Label's Auto-height property to look at this custom property but whenever I try to type anything in there it just seems to reset to "false". Seems like a bug to me so just posting here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smemmi 

No surprising.  Many of the AutoHeight and Flexible Height options available to controls do not function properly in Components.  They should be avoided until that capability is developed into the components properly.

Personally have been down that road a few times to try and integrate in flexible height options to the component, only to endlessly fail and have to revert back to doing it within the screen.

Components are considered "released", but there are still so many aspects of them that (IMHO) they should be still considered "experimental".

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smemmi 

No surprising.  Many of the AutoHeight and Flexible Height options available to controls do not function properly in Components.  They should be avoided until that capability is developed into the components properly.

Personally have been down that road a few times to try and integrate in flexible height options to the component, only to endlessly fail and have to revert back to doing it within the screen.

Components are considered "released", but there are still so many aspects of them that (IMHO) they should be still considered "experimental".

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

That is a shame and throws a spanner in the works. Thanks for making me aware of this and at least I won't keep chasing my tail!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Smemmi 

Yes, I have a couple of "pre-built" test-apps that try to utilize the auto height capabilities of controls.  Since there is no real "here's what is really new." guide for PowerApps releases, I run those periodically to see if the issues have been resolved...to this date - No!

That's a good idea. Please let me know if it does change and I'll keep an eye out too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,717)