cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarianoMurciano
Level: Powered On

Unable to show '{Attachments}' in a Gallery

As title reads I've been looking for a workaround about this issue, but neither these forums or reddit have it (or at least I didn't find any solution). The problem is simple:

I have a Collection from Sharepoint with entries that might have or not Attachments, after collecting the table into PowerApps and using that for another gallery (to pick what entry I want) I've tried everything but nothing works, the new gallery (based on what's selected on the first one) doesn't have the property '{Attachments}'

The first gallery  'GCCD_AvailableTraining' is filled using: 

Sort(Filter(GlobalTrainingRepositoryCollection; Or( 'Headline competency'.Value = GCC_Competency.Selected.Competency; 'Subcompetency 1'.Value = GCC_Competency.Selected.Competency; 'Subcompetency 2'.Value = GCC_Competency.Selected.Competency)); 'Training name')

The second one 'GTR_TrainingMaterials' should display attachments: 

GCCD_AvailableTraining.Selected.'{Attachments}'

But '{Attachments}' appears like this:

And that's false because the selected item, in this case for example, has the property '{Has attachments}' and even the value its true: 

And before asking, I've tried all the posible capitalizations and nothing appears. While I am writting this in english I am using PowerApps in Spanish what has been a problem before, because for example I cannot use 'Office365User...' but 'UsuariosdeOffice365' , but it doesn't seem like a problem of that type (because i've tried using spanish but nothing pops up).

I must say that in sharepoint I was unable to find attachments neither in the collection itself on sharepoint (but I did find 'has attachments' in powerapps. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to show '{Attachments}' in a Gallery

@MarianoMurciano 

What is GlobalTrainingRepositoryCollection?  Is this a Collection or a data source?

You need to go to the datasource in your Lookup, not to another collection.

Lookup(yourDataSource, ID=GCCD_AvailableTraining.Selected.ID).Attachments

See if that helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MarianoMurciano

Up after 48 hours without answers-

MarianoMurciano

Up! Again.

Super User
Super User

@MarianoMurciano 

A quick FYI - I can't speak for all on here, but a lot of us will browse through the list finding questions that have 0 replies and then answer them.  If you reply to yourself, that number is no longer 0 and, for me anyway, I assume that someone else is in the process of helping out.  So, just saying - wait and see if someone answers.  If they don't, you might consider a new post with a reference to your original.  I do wish there was a way that people could "flag" their posts when there is no answer after a period of time...but, alas, there is not.

Have you changed your formula to this:

GCCD_AvailableTraining.Selected.Attachments

That should give you the attachments to the selected item in your Gallery.

Hope that helps you. If not, post back - you are on my "radar" now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
MarianoMurciano

@RandyHayes thanks for the FYI I will remember it!

And yes, I tried to use '.Attachments' but it doesnt works (i even discarded it because in the collection -in powerapps- there's no field for '.Attachments' and this is what the editor suggests me:

I've tried all possible combinations and none of them work.

And all combinations in spanish too but it doesnt work. I even thought the problem was outside PA and tried to configure the sharepoint list but i did not find anything even relative to 'attachments' so I dont know what do from here. Because even googling for solutions I only get how to pass attachments to a sharepoint from PA but not what i want to do (from a sharepoint to be visible in powerapps).

Thanks for you help tho, and if you have any other idea, feel free to comment!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@MarianoMurciano 

Somehow I completely breezed over one thing...this is a Collection!!

Attachments don't come along with a Collection - so yes, you absolutely will not see those properties.

So, you have a few options, most involve going back to how you began the process of your design, but a quicker solution is at hand:

Lookup(yourDataSource, ID=GCCD_AvailableTraining.Selected.ID).Attachements

That should get you right to the items you need.

Hope this helps out.

MarianoMurciano

@RandyHayes While I was pretty excited after replacing it with the data it is still....broken. 

And the error is always the same 'the name is not valid'. I've tried again with all posible versions and none of them works.

Super User
Super User

@MarianoMurciano 

What is GlobalTrainingRepositoryCollection?  Is this a Collection or a data source?

You need to go to the datasource in your Lookup, not to another collection.

Lookup(yourDataSource, ID=GCCD_AvailableTraining.Selected.ID).Attachments

See if that helps.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,015)