cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unable to show data in power apps getting error

I've been using an app I created in PowerApps for a few months now. Friday 31st March, the app stopped connecting to the data source - on opening the app, the dots would constantly flow across the top of the screen and after a couple of minutes I receive error messages - on iOS "Failed to load Customers. An error occured on the server." and in the Windows App "Failed to load Customers. An unknown error occured". I have not changed the app, so can rule that out.

On Monday evening, the app returned to normal working, but yesterday it has stopped with the same problem. So the app has been down for 3 out of the past 4 days. Appears to me to be a server issue at the Microsoft end?

The data source is an xls stored in OneDrive. I can access and edit the xls without problem.

Thanks,

Nigel.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to show data in power apps getting error

I think it was a general error, was also getting this, now it seems resolved.

Like I said in my post though, would be nice to know what happened - maybe a roll out and roll back or something?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi NigelC,

So your app is based on an Excel table stored in OneDrive.

What’s the PowerApps version on both Windows and iPhone?

Could you provide your Session ID for a further investigation?
You could get it under File>Account>Diagnostics>Session Details.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, (tables refused to load from an excel stored on a OneDrive)

Did you find the solution ?

My Session ID is : a9504d5f-e15c-4c92-9e2b-152494d78fd3
PowerApps 3.18094.26

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @AlCado - in researching your issue, this thread may have some helpful solutions. Can you please review and reply back if the proposed solutions helped? 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Onedrive-Excel-connection-issues/m-p/4804 

@Anonymous

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

your link drive me to an error message "An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url."

However, I've finally solved the issue by rebuilding entirely the database in a new Excel file. If someone who got the same problem you should try this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,624)