cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayanthanJ
Frequent Visitor

Unable to submit form if I choose data from the combo box

Hi all,

I am a beginner in power apps. I want to use a combo box(Not mandatory field) to create selective filter or formatting. But I am able to submit the form if I don't use the data from the combo box . But if I use the data from the combo box, I am not able to submit the form. 

JayanthanJ_0-1633021985625.png

In the above picture, I have GEO as combo box. It's value is based on Sub GEO (DataCardValue17). If I fill the form without GEO(which is the Combo box), I am able to submit the form. But if I fill the form with value in GEO, I am unable to submit the form and the error says:

JayanthanJ_1-1633022308377.png

Please help me with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hmmm, what is your datafield set to? Seems that this field isn't a single line text if it's saying it needs record value. If it's a multivalue item then you would use datacardvalue18.selecteditems instead of a single value if you are wanting multiple values. Otherwise make sure your comboboxes are set to not allow multivalues. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It's most likely not a data match with the connected datasource to the form. What is the form connected to? What is the field datacardvalue17 is connected to? If you click on the card(assuming you using the form card) what is the update property set to? 

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JayanthanJ :

Could you please tell me :

What is your data source?Is it a SharePoint list or a Dataverse table?
What is GEO?Is it a Choices column or a text column?

I assume your data source is a SharePoint list and GEO is a choices column,then the formula should be:

Switch(
   DataCardValue.Selected.Value,
   "North America",
   Table({Value:"North America"}),
   "Latin America",
   Table({Value:"Latin America"})
)

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @cwebb365 ,

The form is connected to a sharepoint list.  The field datacardvalue 17 is connected to a multiple choices column in the same sharepoint list. For the datacardvalue17, the update property is set to DataCardValue17.Selected and for the datacardvalue18, the update property is set to DataCardValue18.Selected

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

As I mentioned above (and as you predicted), the data source is a sharepoint list. But the GEO column is single line of text. That is why I used the formula.

Hi @JayanthanJ :

Please set the update property to

DataCardValue18.Selected.Value

and check if the problem still exist.

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

When I tried changing the update property, an error appears. I have attached the screenshot down below:

JayanthanJ_0-1633069175332.png

Hmmm, what is your datafield set to? Seems that this field isn't a single line text if it's saying it needs record value. If it's a multivalue item then you would use datacardvalue18.selecteditems instead of a single value if you are wanting multiple values. Otherwise make sure your comboboxes are set to not allow multivalues. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,904)