cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to submit multiple forms

Hello guys,

I have a canvas app with 5 forms on the same entity (Opportunities). While submitting all the forms together with the Patch function, I'm getting an error message and the opportunity record is not being created.

PA error 0.PNGPA error 1.PNG

Is there any other way of submitting multiple forms using a single button?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Unable to submit multiple forms

Hi @PrashantIyer ,

Do you split your Opportunities fields into multiple Edit forms?

Do you want to submit multiple form data into single one record in your Opportunities Entity?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please make sure you have enabled all available Required fields of your Opportunities Entity within your multiple Edit forms.

On your side, please make sure all Required fields in your Opportunities Entity has been enabled within your multiple Edit forms.

Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Is-it-possible-to-split-an-edit-form-on-mult...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello,

Why don't you just use the SubmitForm(FormX); function to submit the different forms ?

As explainer here : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Difference-Between-SubmitForm-and-Patch/td-p...

Clément

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@carfupis correct - you should use the SubmitForm function to correctly submit the data in your Forms.

While you can technically Patch the values in the form, this isn't a recommended approach, and defeats the advantages of the Form control (validation, error capture, required fields).

Here is another post with a similar requirement: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Submit-multiple-forms/m-p/470041#M140877

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I transferred the contents of the 5 forms to a single scroll-able form and used the SubmitForm function. 

Yet, I'm getting the same error.

Highlighted

Any mandatory fields on the datasource side which are not filled on the canvas app side before submitting ?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@PrashantIyer 

Check your forms for a required field that isn’t being specified.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PrashantIyer ,

Do you split your Opportunities fields into multiple Edit forms?

Do you want to submit multiple form data into single one record in your Opportunities Entity?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please make sure you have enabled all available Required fields of your Opportunities Entity within your multiple Edit forms.

On your side, please make sure all Required fields in your Opportunities Entity has been enabled within your multiple Edit forms.

Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Is-it-possible-to-split-an-edit-form-on-mult...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,546)