Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kevingeorget Resolver I
Resolver I

Unable to trigger flow from powerapps button

Hi PowerApp Users,

I'm trying to trigger a flow from PowerApps form wired to SP list.

OnSelect property of a button, i'm Submitting the form and triggering the flow. There are 6 parameters that i'm passing to the flow. The parameters are made mandatory in the form. When filling out the fields and submitting,i get the below error-

XXXXXFlow.Run failed: The method 'Run' has an invalid value for parameter 'Initializevariable3_Value'.

The error variable (in this case 'Initializevariable3') keeps changing on seperate runs. Once i close the form and open again and press Submit buton, it works. The error occurs only on the first attempt. Errors and Onselect property screenshot attached.

Things i have done as part of troubleshoot-

1. Verified whether the fields passed have value or not (populating a text fields with the values)

2. Removed and added the flow again to the app.

3. Confirmed the order of parameters.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johnsonjohn Helper I
Helper I

Re: Unable to trigger flow from powerapps button

You are not passing the expected parameter. Make sure that in the flow you are asking for the parameter from power apps and passing them. If you can share the expression which triggers the flow

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnsonjohn Helper I
Helper I

You are not passing the expected parameter. Make sure that in the flow you are asking for the parameter from power apps and passing them. If you can share the expression which triggers the flow

View solution in original post

kevingeorget Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @johnsonjohn.

I removed the trigger expression and wrote it again. There was one variable (Item ID) which i was using directly in the flow. I initialized this value to a variable and referred this in the flow rather than using it directly.

May be that did the trick or not sure.

It's working now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,358)