cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Raeville
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to update SharePoint list column - Column not found

Hi,

 

I'm trying to update a few SharePoint columns. However, it says column not found when it does exist on SP list.

 

I used the following formula:

 

Patch(Leaves, LookUp(Leaves, ID = ID), {RA_Approval_R: Approve, Roster_CalCheck: true})

 

It says 'RA-Approval_R' column does not exist. It is just a Single line of text column.

 

What could be the issue? 

 

Thanks! 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Have you verified that "RA-Approval_R" is the internal name of the column in SharePoint? To check, go to List Settings and click on the column name. Then on the column settings page look at URL and at the end there should be a parameter called "Field=InternalFieldName". The value of "InternalFieldName" is the internal name of the field.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Have you verified that "RA-Approval_R" is the internal name of the column in SharePoint? To check, go to List Settings and click on the column name. Then on the column settings page look at URL and at the end there should be a parameter called "Field=InternalFieldName". The value of "InternalFieldName" is the internal name of the field.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks Jeff! Wasn't aware of the Internal field name...

I used this to solve the same issue I was having, but noticed that some of my Sharepoint columns required this approach, and others (in the same Sharepoint list) allowed me to use the display name of the column, not the internal name. 

All of the columns were created at the same time, so dont know what the difference between them is...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (981)