cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to view current value in gallery 'The property on this control expects table values'

I am working with two Sharepoint Lists as datasources: 

List 1:  TrainingPlan - list of job titles and courses required

List 2: Trainings - list of courses

Both have a text field called “Training_Name”

I have an grid-like gallery (CurrentTrainingPlan, attached) based on the TrainingPlan list.  

Desired function: When in Edit mode, I can select“Training_Name” values from the Trainings list in the CourseCombo combobox and patch the value to the TrainingPlan SP list. 

Problem:  I can't get the existing/updated value of Training_Name  to be visible in CourseCombo.  I have tried both of these solutions with no success:

DefaultSelectedItems=ThisItem.Training_Name

Default=ThisItem.Training_Name

The error message says 'The property on this control expects table values, the rule produces text values which are incompatible.'

screen5.png

So how do I get the combobox to show the current value of Training_Name for each record?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to view current value in gallery 'The property on this control expects table values'

Hi @mrlang02 ,

You need 

{xxx:ThisItem.Training_Name}

where xxx depends on the Items property of the Combo Box.

When you type YourComboBoxName.Selected. (note second dot), valid values will come up underneath. For some guidance of what they mean: -

• If your Items are Choices(ListName.FieldName) - a Choices or Lookup field), the reference will be YourComboBoxName.Selected.Value
  • If they are Distinct( . . .  .), it will be YourComboBoxName.Selected.Result
  • The other option is when they are based on a field value in a list (other than Distinct), then it will be YourComboBoxName.Selected.FieldName (actual field name)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to view current value in gallery 'The property on this control expects table values'

Hi @mrlang02 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,048)