cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Understanding Collections

I am having a hard time understanding how Collections work. I have a list from SharePoint that has over 5000 items byt from those Items I only want to pull active items from that list which is roughly over 200. So I created a collection for that list called MyListCollection, so I'm trying to filter it to just show active items. To know which items are active is when the column "Completed is equal to 0" and items are located in the contract column. I have a contract dropdown box (this is where selected items will be stored) in the form, so how would I get that to work and pull just active items.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

@SandraAkujobi 

Collections are a complex topic in Power Apps so it is understandable that you feel this way.  I had the same difficulties when I was learning.  I've put together a huge list of all the most used techniques in what I call the 'Collections Cookbook' if you are interested! (https://matthewdevaney.com/powerapps-collections-cookbook/)

If you would like to only show the Active results here's how to do it.  Use this code in the Items property of the dropdown.

["Active","Inactive"]

Then use this code in the Items property of the gallery to FILTER which records are being shown.

If(Dropdown_Status="Active", Filter(your_datasource_name, StatusColumnName = 0))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,015)