Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Understanding PowerApps Performance Analytics

Hello all,

Could someone help me understand PowerApps Performance Analytics? I just rolled out a high traffic gallery-style Product Database app out to my organization, and it seems to be doing well. But there are strange spikes in the performance section of the analytics (see attached images). What would make it think the average load time was 917 seconds (over 15 minutes) on 2/1/20? What is the difference between "TimeToFirstScreenPercentile50", "TimeToFirstScreenPercentile75" and "TimeToFirstScreenPercentile95"? Pardon my ignorance if this is something that is obvious or just common sense 😅

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @forcedLightning ,

Do you want to know the data meaning in App performance report?

Performance Metrics

1. Time to first screen

The time it takes from clicking the app icon to PowerApps handing control to the app’s first screen, for 50th, 75th, 95th percentiles. It does not include the time to load the app’s first screen.

2. Time to first screen without connection setup time

The time it takes from clicking the app icon to PowerApps handing control to the app’s first screen, excluding time the user spends on the connection setup page, for 50th, 75th, 95th percentiles. It does not include the time to load the app’s first screen.

3. Session length

The time users spend on the app, after a successful app launch for 50th, 75th, 95th percentile times.

4. Number of users per session length

The user distribution over session lengths of <1 minute, 1-5 minutes, >5 minutes, after a successful app launch.

Here's a blog about this in details for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-app-performance-report/

As Time to first screen, this does not only mean your app's loading time too long. This is related to screen pages, functions,loading time,etc.So this data is large does not mean your app's performance bad.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @forcedLightning ,

Do you want to know the data meaning in App performance report?

Performance Metrics

1. Time to first screen

The time it takes from clicking the app icon to PowerApps handing control to the app’s first screen, for 50th, 75th, 95th percentiles. It does not include the time to load the app’s first screen.

2. Time to first screen without connection setup time

The time it takes from clicking the app icon to PowerApps handing control to the app’s first screen, excluding time the user spends on the connection setup page, for 50th, 75th, 95th percentiles. It does not include the time to load the app’s first screen.

3. Session length

The time users spend on the app, after a successful app launch for 50th, 75th, 95th percentile times.

4. Number of users per session length

The user distribution over session lengths of <1 minute, 1-5 minutes, >5 minutes, after a successful app launch.

Here's a blog about this in details for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-app-performance-report/

As Time to first screen, this does not only mean your app's loading time too long. This is related to screen pages, functions,loading time,etc.So this data is large does not mean your app's performance bad.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,831)