cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo button/ ctrl z - sometimes not working?

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else experiences this kind of thing but it feels like some sort of bug or glitch in powerapps. Sometimes my ctrl z or the undo button stops working in the powerapps web app. Any Idea on how to stop this? It usually comes back after I refresh the page but can get frustrating if I accidentally delete something or move something and cannot undo it.

THanks for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Usernametwice23 you are not alone with this issue. it is inconsistent, some days it works and the days you really need it to it goes back only one or two steps. you reminded me to open a ticket on this. i will give feedback.

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Usernametwice23 you are not alone with this issue. it is inconsistent, some days it works and the days you really need it to it goes back only one or two steps. you reminded me to open a ticket on this. i will give feedback.

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

Hi, just wanted to know if there are any updates on this issue. The other day I lost 4 hours of work just because I deleted a component and there was no way to undo it!

That is a sorry case and so frustrating.

I guess no solution for that yet. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I will advise you copy your component or controls before editing or deleting anything. Thanks 

same problem here. I lost a HUGE CHUNK of code and didn't get it back because the "Undo" is inconsistent and works like garbage.  Something this important and frequently used by developers and architects should be a NUMBER 1 priority for Microsoft.  What makes this worse is it automatically saves the mistake. So getting out of the app and coming back in without manually saving changes doesn't help!  augh!!!!

This JUST happened to me, I lost a huge chunk of filtering code as well, I managed to restore a version that was saved a day before this mistake, but I had to redo all the edits I made before I accidentally deleted the code.

Refer to this link to restore an earlier version of your app:

Restore your canvas app to a previous version - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

This is definitely a band-aid solution at best...

Criptop
Advocate II
Advocate II

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,619)