cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesbetteridge
Helper I
Helper I

Unexpected result type of schema evaluation when trying to poulate new CDS table with Data from on premise SQL DB

Hi,

BACKGROUND

I am pretty new to CDS. I have built a number of powerapps using Sharepoint lists as the datasource but recently built an powerapp that references data in an onprem SQL database table. Everything works but data load times are poor.

I am trying to setup a copy of the SQL table in CDS, initially for testing but then later as a live environment with changes in the onprem SQL table updating the CDS table automatically.

ISSUE

I am failing at step one at the moment. I can go into either "Data" or "Dataflows" from the powerapps portal, I can create a table in CDS (just has one column at the moment) and I can follow through some of the process i.e I can see the DB i want to connect to and can select the required table as well as select "Transform Data" and select all columns. When I click "Next", after about 20 seconds, I get the following error:

Unexpected result type of schema evaluation. Expected: "Table". Actual: "Exception".

I have searched the internet for this error but cannot find anything useful. I would be eternally grateful if anyone can shed any light on why I might be getting this error and more importantly, how to get past it!

Kind Regards

James

5 REPLIES 5
FCGALLEG
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi jamesbetteridge,

I would like to suggest that you raise a support ticket by clicking the 'Create support ticket' button on the following page. That way, you'll have something that's a bit more traceable and you might receive a quicker response.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  

We will need to check more details about the issue.

Thanks,

Javier

wardporterfield
Regular Visitor

I am BY NO MEANS an expert as I've only been playing around with PowerApps for a couple months, but I was getting the same error today. Decided to try to just add a record manually and got an error saying I didn't have permissions to the form (which I know I do). If I refreshed the form, it worked. So I logged out of Power Apps completely, and then tried reloading the data through the wizard and it worked fine. tl;dr log out, log back in and try it again. 

JandroH
Regular Visitor

Hi

I am getting the same error, @jamesbetteridge  did you get any clue about the error?

thks in advance

jamesbetteridge
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All, Unfortunately I haven't had opportunity to follow this up yet but will try to do so by the end of this week. I will let you know if I achieve any success.

notj
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@jamesbetteridge how'd it go?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,750)