cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesbetteridge
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unexpected result type of schema evaluation when trying to poulate new CDS table with Data from on premise SQL DB

Hi,

BACKGROUND

I am pretty new to CDS. I have built a number of powerapps using Sharepoint lists as the datasource but recently built an powerapp that references data in an onprem SQL database table. Everything works but data load times are poor.

I am trying to setup a copy of the SQL table in CDS, initially for testing but then later as a live environment with changes in the onprem SQL table updating the CDS table automatically.

ISSUE

I am failing at step one at the moment. I can go into either "Data" or "Dataflows" from the powerapps portal, I can create a table in CDS (just has one column at the moment) and I can follow through some of the process i.e I can see the DB i want to connect to and can select the required table as well as select "Transform Data" and select all columns. When I click "Next", after about 20 seconds, I get the following error:

Unexpected result type of schema evaluation. Expected: "Table". Actual: "Exception".

I have searched the internet for this error but cannot find anything useful. I would be eternally grateful if anyone can shed any light on why I might be getting this error and more importantly, how to get past it!

Kind Regards

James

11 REPLIES 11
crisfervil
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've got the same error today in DataFlows. It turns out my source table was empty, and adding a new record solved the problem. 

I am having the same issues. Thanks for the post!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,791)