cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtwining1
Helper I
Helper I

Unique values for item

I have an app that is adding/editing list items in SharePoint. I would like to add in my app the ability for users to update a blank chart or even add in open text area that does not get updated on SharePoint, but should stay with that item when it is viewed in the app. 

Is this possible? How do we do this? 

The issue I have is that when I try it myself, I see the text input when I view all list items with the same text information....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mtwining1
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks, I have another question, I am copying another item from the list in my app. I want my Yes/No value for a column to copy as "No" all the time, instead of if the item has yes that it is copying from. I can't seem to get it to copy as "No".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
timl
Super User
Super User

@mtwining1 

In order to add text or other data that is associated with a record, it's necessary to save the value in SharePoint or some other data source if you want to be available after a user closes and re-opens an app. There's no way to do this without storing the data somewhere.

mtwining1
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks, I have another question, I am copying another item from the list in my app. I want my Yes/No value for a column to copy as "No" all the time, instead of if the item has yes that it is copying from. I can't seem to get it to copy as "No".

timl
Super User
Super User

@mtwining1 - how are you copying the item? Have you created some formula to do this?

Set(varRecord,ThisItem);Set(varCopy, true );Patch('New Item Setup (Test)', Defaults('New Item Setup (Test)'), {'Base UoM': varRecord.'Base UoM', 'Item Number': "Copy-" & varRecord.'Item Number', 'Base UoM UPC': varRecord.'Base UoM UPC', Brand: varRecord.Brand, Description: varRecord.Description, 'Commit for Phase 1 Review': "No"}

timl
Super User
Super User

@mtwining1 

If 'Commit for Phase 1 Review' is the SharePoint yes/no field that you want to set to no, you would Patch a boolean false value using a record that looks like this.

{'Base UoM': varRecord.'Base UoM', 'Item Number': "Copy-" & varRecord.'Item Number', 'Base UoM UPC': varRecord.'Base UoM UPC', Brand: varRecord.Brand, Description: varRecord.Description, 'Commit for Phase 1 Review': false}

I get this error in the formula. So I forgot, I did change this to be a choice for string "Yes" or "No" and defaults to "No". In place of false from your suggestion I put "No" in the quotes but did not work with the error below. 

mtwining1_0-1635280272943.png

mtwining1_1-1635280351880.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,968)