cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unknown Mashup Exception

Why does my data connection fail randomly for no apparent reason.  About every 5-6 days i get an exception error.  I was doing a demo of powerapp and i get "Failed to load [dbo].[tablename]. An error occurred on server. Server Response. Unknown Mashup Exception. inner exception: Column 'ProviderSpecificDataType' does not belong to table."

What the heck is this all about.  One day data connection good.. next day this...

Dgsonic

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Unknown Mashup Exception

Hi dgsonic,

I'm living the same problem since yesterday. I have 3 applications that was working yesterday and today can't access any data in the database (without any modifications on apps). I'm my case, I'm using gateway to access a database SQL Server is 2008 (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2) - 10.50.4000.0 (X64)).

Are you using gateway to connect to database? What your database?

Looks like a general problem on Power Apps Data Access Service...

If I discover a way to solve this problem, I'll share... please do the same if you find a solution.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I am getting the same errror today on an app I created yesterday. It worked fine when I created it and today I get this error. It actually will submit data to my table but that message pops up when the app is started. I am using a Gateway to connect to my SQL Server 2012.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yep, same scenario.. I'm using the Gateway to communicate to my on premise SQL 2012 R2 database. These problems keep coming and going.  I can't use this as a real world production app because of these ongoing connection problems.  They appear without me touching the app.

Dgsonic

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem with me.  My PowerApps was working fine, connecting to an on-prem SQL Server.  It has been working fine for a week but now it doesn't.  Help!!!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Has anybody else got a resolution for this problem so far.  I tried creating a NEW app connecting to a completely new table using the gateway to onPremise SQL connection and getting the same "Unknown Mashup Exception". So now I know it's not my existing table. It's the Gateway to SQL Azure having a problem.

Dgsonic

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same experience for me.  New apps using on-prem datasource will not work.  Microsoft can you help?  Please fix!?  Production down! 

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Same experience for me as well! And I agree that production is down... there is no connection with SQL Server... !

Highlighted

I just created a simple PowerApp using a gateway to SQL Server 2014 and I am also getting the error.  If I find a solution, I'll share.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Microsoft monitor this forum, or do we need to call them and tell them that they have a Production Platform down? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,284)