cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fields Helper V
Helper V

Unkown error on some people, except me....

Hey guys,

So, i have finished my Power App, and, when i was sending to everyone to use it, i noticed, to some people, they would get an unknown error, while i was testing, i didn't get any errors... And i don't know what is causing this...

It's really random, sometimes everyone get an error, or sometimes just SOME people will get it... Is anyway to fix this?

Fields,

(If this helps in any case, in the column that have currency (Must contain numbers) , instead of putting numbers, i put ratings... Is this in any way causing this error, and if yes, how do i fix this?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
duffysp Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Unkown error on some people, except me....

I had the same issue, it turns out my firewall was blocking one of the exe's powerapps uses to authenticate. I'm not at the machine just now but there was a Microsoft Authentication exe that was being blocked that came up with Unknown Error when the app was opened. Once this was let through the firewall it worked fine.

Clear your firewall logs then try to start powerapps; Check the log to see if anything has been blocked.

M.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fields,

Would you please share the error messages here?

If you have shared the App to others, then please make sure the permission has been well configured:

Share an app in PowerApps

Further, for app resources used in the App. make sure they also have been shared properly:

Share app resources

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Fields Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

I already did what i was told to on those links, and the same error shows

It says: An Unknown error has occurred, nothing else... And says immediately the moment they start the app...

When they are going to submit it, it shows the same error...

Awaiting response

Fields,

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fields,

Thanks for the update.

Please take a try to uninstall and reinstall PowerApps Mobile and then test it again.

If issue insists, navigate to Account (for Mobile, click the top left  Navigation tab) ->Session Details, then share the Session Id here.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Fields Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-micsh-msft

I have already done that, and does not work, some people got the same message error on the computer as well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting answers

Fields,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue.

My app was working fine for myself and others before, but since the beginning of this week, the app has been working for me but no one else. It displays the 'An unknown errror occurred' message and won't load the list items pulled through from a sharepoint list.

I haven't changed any permission settings or anything, it just suddenly stopped working.

I was wondering whether you solved your issue? Please let me know, thanks.

Fields Helper V
Helper V

Hi  @v-micsh-msft,

Any updates about this issue?

I create multiple apps, and all have the same error...

Fields

duffysp Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the same issue, it turns out my firewall was blocking one of the exe's powerapps uses to authenticate. I'm not at the machine just now but there was a Microsoft Authentication exe that was being blocked that came up with Unknown Error when the app was opened. Once this was let through the firewall it worked fine.

Clear your firewall logs then try to start powerapps; Check the log to see if anything has been blocked.

M.

View solution in original post

Fields Helper V
Helper V

@duffysp,

It works,

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,600)